Four Digit Multiplication Made Easy
You just learnt the 2 and 3 digit multiplication . A bit more fun with cool math for kids. I’ll just start off by showing you a simple multiplication which you will enjoy learning. The four digit multiplication made easy method is mentioned below and you can just do it in your head as soon as you hear a 4 figure multiplication from anyone.
1. Take the right side figures as shown in figure B and multiply them. So 5 x 4 = 20
2. Put down 0 on the right side and carry forward 2.
3. Next multiply the cross figures shown in figure C and add them both. So 4 x 4 and 5 x 5 is equal to 41. Add the 2 carried forward. So it comes to 43. Put down 3 and carry forward 4.
4. Next multiply figures as shown in figure D. So 2 x 4 plus 5 x 6 plus 4 x 5 is equal to 58. Add
the 4 carried forward. So it comes to 62. Put down 2 and carry forward 6.
5. Then take the figures as shown in figure E and multiply them. So 1 x 4 plus 5 x 2 plus 2 x 5
plus 4 x 6 is equal to 48. Add the carried forward figure of 6. Total is 54.
6. Put down 4 and carry forward 5.
7. Take the figures and multiply as shown in figure F. So 1 x 5 plus 4 x 2 plus 2 x 6 is equal to 25. Add the 5 carried forward. Total is 30.
8. Put down 0 and carry forward 3.
9. Take the figures as shown in figure G. So 1x 6 plus 2 x 2 is equal to 10. Add 3 carried forward. Total comes to 13. Put down 3 and carry forward 1.
10. Finally multiple the extreme figures as per figure H. So 1 x 2 = 2. Add 1 carried forward. Total is 3.
11.Put down the 3 before 304230
12. So there you are, the answer is 3304230.
Practice this wonderful multiplication method for a four digit multiplication , you will be able to amaze your friends with your prowess. So move ahead have fun with maths and we shall keep on showing you more such wonderful yet easy Maths tricks which will make it fun for you.