Three Digit Multiplication Made Easy
You just learnt the 2 digit multiplication. This is the math playground so let us make Maths a bit more fun and what better way to do it by learning the three digit multiplication. So I’ll just start off by showing you a simple multiplication which you will enjoy learning. The method is mentioned below and you can just do it in your head as soon as hear a 3 figure multiplication from anyone.
1. Take the right side figures as shown in figure B and multiply them. So 1 x 3 = 3
2. Put down 3 on the right side.
3. Next multiply the cross figures shown in figure C and add them both. So 1 x 2 and 3 x 2 is
equal to 8. Put down 8 before 3.
4. Next multiply figures of extreme corners and the center and add them together as shown in
figure D. So 1 x 1 plus 3 x 3 plus 2 x 2 is equal to 14. Put down 4 before 83 and keep 1 in
5. Then take the left side figures as shown in figure E and multiply them. So 1 x 2 plus 2 x 3 is
equal to 8. Add the one in your head. Thus it equals 8 + 1 = 9. Put down the 9 before 483
6. Finally multiple the extreme figures as per figure F. So 1 x 3 = 3. Put down the 3 before 9483
7. So there you are the answer is 39483.
Practice this wonderful multiplication method for a three digit multiplication , you will be able to amaze your friends with your prowess. So move ahead have fun with maths and we shall keep on showing you more such wonderful yet easy Maths tricks which will make it fun for you.